Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Magical Margaret Mahy

 On the 20th of may we went on a trip to margaret mahy first we went on the waka then we went to Victoria Square Next we went to Margaret Mahy last but not least we went to feed the tuna eles as well as looking at the mats .


First me and my team went on the Waka we learnt how to use the paddles then we went to victoria square.We drew a Pou and learnt about the maori meaning of pou and we saw the stachus of captain james cook and Queen Victoria.


Next we went to Margaret Mahy and we did a scavenger hunt for maori patterns me Mila, Charlotte almost got all the patterns but then we got called in and mrs Carney told us about the patterns and what they mean last but not least we feed the tuna eles I got a fright by them but the most fun thing was playing with my friends. 


My favourite part of the trip was victoria square because we got to learn about the pou the kai table.There are stachues of captain james cook and queen victoria


Something I learnt was that margaret mahy have Maori designs printed in it's path it also has a song in it. There are the first ships that sailed to New Zealand.    


The thing I found the most interesting was the tuna eles because they snap the food and it is quite interesting as well as it gives you a fright 


This trip has helped me with my PBL because I learnt lots of things about victoria square and the maori patterns



Question time which one sounded the coolest?


10 comments:

  1. Kia ora Saffy, I really liked how you included all the rotaions and told which one was your favourite one and which one was most interesting. Next time you could add more information about each activity and why you enjoyed it. But other than that this is amazing! Keep up the good work! My favourite one was the waka but I liked all of them. Your blog post made me want to go back again. Good work!Had you been to Magaret Mahy before this trip?
    Neve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok thank you so much next time I can improve my work and know what I should change

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, and so can I because you have commented on my blog thank you for the feedback! did you enjoy going to Margaret Mahy?

      Delete
  3. Yes I enjoyed it lots Neve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, It is really fun there it is a really good idea because they made it to bring people back to town after the 2011 earthquakes because they thought that there would be another big earthquake.

      Delete
  4. yep but my second favorite thing was eating and playing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same it was really fun especally because we did it with our friends!

      Delete
  5. Yep and thats what made it funner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah being with friend did make it funner

      Delete
  6. a whole lot funner and I liked feeding the eles and spilling the food every where

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post