Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2020

Israel advenchers

Israel Adventures

My friend moved to Israel and I have been wondering how it is different to New Zealand. I know that Jesus was born there.I am going to find out some other facts about Israel; keep reading.

Where is Israel?

Israel is found near the Mediterranean Sea and it is near Egypt on a world map which surprisingly is a long way away from New Zealand.
Even though Israel is one tenth of the size of New Zealand, it has more population.
The area of New Zealand is 268,021 square kilometers whilst Israel is 22,145 square kilometers.

The Population of New Zealand 4.886 million people. Israel is almost 2 times bigger with 8.884 million people. The temperature of Israel is probably one of the warmest places I know. In winter time it does not get very cold, the minimum is 12 degrees.

Important places in Israel.

Bethlehem is in Israel also it is where Jesus was born. It is a beautiful place. The Dead Sea is a place where it has high salt levels so no sea animals live there and you can’t sink.
Jerusalem was where travelers go and it is where main events have happened. It is one of the oldest cities in the world. It is a holy place to visit.

Animals found in Israel.

In Israel there are lots of animals that New Zealand does not have. 
Mountain Gazelles live in Israel mainly in the West Bank area around deserts and on mountains.
Another animal that I didn't know existed is the Marbled Polecat. The Marbled Polecat looks like a ferret, the colors of it is black, white and orange. The weirdest one is the Water Bear, they are about 1 mm in size, you will have to use a microscope.  They live on moss .
Here is a picture of a Marbled Polecat, a Gazelle and a Water Bear.










Food eaten in Israel.

Here is one of my favorite meals in Israel.
Falafel is like a big meatball without meat. You can't really find much pork in Israel because Jews and Muslums don't eat it .


Where my friend lives.

What my friend's house looks like. She lives in an apartment where other people live. They all live on different stories in their own separate houses.














I think Israel is a lovely place to go because it looks really nice and would be a really warm place to go and my friend lives there .It has different food to New Zealand and i really want to try some. I also  want to see all the animals.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Saffy,
    Israel is certainly a fascinating country in many ways. The history, particularly around Jesus and the bible stories, and even more recently over the last 50-60 years is also very interesting. What city or town does your friend live in, and does she like living there after being in NZ?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post